Birth Doula Services
Childbirth is an intimate life experience, and you want to be comfortable with your birth doula. I offer a free one hour interview to get to know one another and see if we are a good fit for your birth. I recommend expecting families interview at least three doulas before making their decision. If we decide that I am the doula for you, we will review and sign our client contract and schedule our prenatal visits.
I currently limit my birth commitments to just two due dates per month. I am also only accepting Lincoln area clients. I am not taking Omaha clients at this time. Please see my Availability calendar, contact me if you have additional questions, or if you are ready to schedule our interview, click here.
My flat fee for birth doula care includes:
- at least one (two on average) prenatal meeting to discuss your wishes for birth and determine how we can best work together
- assistance in creating your birth plan
- my on-call services from week 37 until your birth (or as needed in the event of premature labor)
- unlimited 24/7 phone and email contact from 37 weeks through your birthing day
- continuous doula care by myself or a qualified backup doula in labor through approximately 2 hours postpartum
- amateur birth photography and video (you must provide cameras)
- assistance with the immediate postpartum, including initiating breastfeeding
- at least one postpartum meeting to review and discuss your birth. I prefer to hold this meeting within two weeks of your birth
- photocopies of my notes from your labor
- mileage within 45 miles (one way) of my home
- any supplies and food I require while supporting you
- access to my lending library of books, videos, rebozos, and resources
- guarantee back-up care in the event I cannot attend your birth due to illness or emergency. You will be able to meet your primary back-up doula before your birth.
There is no discount for a rapid birth, and there is no extra charge for a lengthy birth. Birth is unpredictable, and my flat fee takes this unpredictability into consideration.
I proudly abide by DONA International's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Investment for birth doula services is $550.
50% deposit is due at the time of hire, and non-refundable after 34 weeks gestation. The balance must be paid in full by 35 weeks. Past Doula Joyce clients receive a 10% discount.
Do you want a birth doula, but are unable to pay according to my standard fee schedule? I offer:
- alternative payment schedules
- reduced rates for low-income families
- 10% discount for active duty military families
- reduced rates for teenage mothers
- trade of services or goods
Just ask me! I would rather work something out with you than have you go without a doula due to financial difficulties.